logo

Добро пожаловать, Гость! Чтобы использовать все возможности Вход или Регистрация.

Уведомление

Icon
Error

11 Страницы«<891011>
Опции
К последнему сообщению К первому непрочитанному
Bella  
#181 Оставлено : 27 ноября 2017 г. 12:07:39(UTC)
Bella

Статус: Advanced Member

Группы: Registered

The minutes of the first NHL Board of Governors meeting, note that it was called "to ascertain if some steps could not be taken to perpetuate the game of hockey." But the men who announced the formation of the new league couldn't have dreamed what it would become a century later., which concluded 100 years ago Sunday in Montreal

Though the NHL we know today began play on Dec. 19, the two first-night games in the League's history wouldn't have taken place without a series of meetings and backroom maneuvers that saw it emerge from the ashes of the National Hockey Association., 1917

The NHA, the Toronto 228th Battalion, which began play in 1909, had been beset by franchise problems. The most notable was that the most popular team,adida Taylor Hall jersey, had been called away to fight in World War I midway through the 1916-17 season,adidas Cory Schneider jersey, reducing the NHA to a five-team league. The talent market got even tighter after Canada passed the Compulsory Service Act, a range that covered most players. The NHA announced at its annual meeting it was suspending operations,adidas Travis Hamonic jersey, which took effect in August 1917 and mandated conscription for men ages 25 to 35, citing the scarcity of players and saying operating a five-team league was not feasible.

Beginning on Nov. 24,authentic John Tavares jersey, the NHA's directors, M.J. Quinn of Quebec and NHA secretary-treasurer Frank Calder, Sam Lichtenhein of the Montreal Wanderers, George Kendall (better known as George Kennedy) of the Montreal Canadiens, Tom Gorman of Ottawa, held three days of meetings at the Windsor Hotel in Montreal and decided to start over. Gorman, seconded by Kendall, proposed, Ottawa and Quebec Hockey Clubs unite to comprise the National Hockey League." The motion was carried,authentic Ryan McDonagh jersey, "That the Canadiens, 1917, Wanderers, and the NHL was officially formed on Nov. 26, 1917.

The NHL's arrival on the sporting scene wasn't exactly big news back then.

Unlike the unveiling of the League's newest team, the Vegas Golden Knights, an event that attracted worldwide media coverage, on Nov. 22, 2016,authentic Taylor Hall jersey, the only writer reportedly on hand was Elmer Ferguson,authentic Cory Schneider jersey, "Nothing much,authentic Travis Hamonic jersey, sports editor of the Montreal Herald. When Calder emerged from the closed-door meeting,adidas John Tavares jersey, Ferguson yelled to him in an effort to find out what happened. Calder replied, Fergie."

Even before play began,adidas Ryan McDonagh jersey, the NHL had a lineup change. Quebec wasn't prepared to ice a team for the 1917-18 season, keeping the NHL at four teams., so the franchise suspended operations until 1919-20 and its players were dispersed among the other teams. However, the Toronto Arena Company was granted a franchise

Calder was elected president and secretary-treasurer at an annual salary of $800. More important perhaps was that he took the job, "on the understanding that there could be no appeal from his decisions.", as the minutes note

The new league adopted the NHA's playing rules and used its 25-page constitution as its governing document. A 24-game schedule of Wednesday and Saturday games was implemented, with the NHL champion earning the right to play the winner of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association for the Stanley Cup. Though the Wanderers folded after a fire destroyed their arena, allowing the NHL to proclaim it was the best professional hockey league in existence., Toronto won the first championship and defeated the Vancouver Millionaires in a five-game Final

One hundred years later, that's still the case.
Bella  
#182 Оставлено : 28 ноября 2017 г. 12:30:59(UTC)
Bella

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Chris Boswell kicked a career-long 53-yard field goal as time expired to give the Pittsburgh Steelers a 31-28 victory over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night.

The Steelers (9-2) won their sixth straight thanks in large part to wide receiver Antonio Brown. Brown caught 10 passes for 169 yards and two scores and also made a pair of catches on the deciding drive, including a 23-yard grab on the sideline that put the Steelers into Green Bay territory.

Brown added a 14-yard reception on the next play. Two snaps,Authentic Jim Kelly Jersey,later Boswell drilled the winner and his teammates mobbed him at midfield.

Ben Roethliberger threw for 351 yards with four touchdowns and two interceptions. Le'Veon Bell ran for 95 yards and added another 88 yards receiving.

Brett Hundley completed 17 of 26 for 245 yards and three touchdowns for Green Bay (5-6) in his best start since taking over for injured Aaron Rodgers. Jamaal William ran for 66 yards,Womens Julio Jones Jersey, including a 4-yard leap into the end zone with 2:02 that tied it at 28.

The teams traded punts before Pittsburgh took over at its 30 with 17 seconds to go. It was just enough time for Roethlisberger and Brown to push the Steelers within the fringe of Boswell's range as Pittsburgh kept pace with New England for the AFC's best record.

The Steelers have repeatedly stressed the importance of staying focused on the work directly in front of them instead of peeking down the road to a showdown with the Patriots month.

Pittsburgh seemed caught off guard as overwhelming favorites against an injury marred team starting a backup quarterback. Pittsburgh struggled against Jacoby Brissett and Indianapolis on Nov. 12,Womens Devonta Freeman Jersey,Yet for the second time in three weeks,Authentic LeSean McCoy Jersey, surrendering a pair of long touchdown passes before rallying to win on the final snap.

It was much of the same under the lights at Heinz Field,Authentic Devonta Freeman Jersey, as Hundley put together the most promising start of his young career.

Hundley responded by finding a wide open Randall Cobb for a 39-yard touchdown strike,After Roethlisberger quickly took Pittsburgh down the field for a touchdown on the game's opening drive,Womens Jim Kelly Jersey, the first time in 28 games the Steelers have allowed an opponent to reach the end zone on their first possession.

Williams turned a flip into a weaving 54-yard touchdown reception later in the first quarter and when Adams streaked for a 55-yard score less than 3 minutes into the second half,Authentic Julio Jones Jersey, Green Bay was poised to pull off the upset.

A curious decision by Pittsburgh-born Mike McCarthy gave the Steelers some needed momentum. Up a touchdown,Womens LeSean McCoy Jersey, the Green Bay coach opted to have Mason Crosby attempt a 57-yard field goal into the always uncertain wins. Crosby's kick never had a chance and Pittsburgh responded.

Roethlisberger found Brown for a 1-yard touchdown to even it at 21 then threw another rainbow to Brown for a 33-yard score that put Pittsburgh ahead 28-21.

taking the Packers 77 yards in 12 plays,Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey,Hundley then channeled Rodgers,Womens Christian McCaffrey Jersey, the last Williams' dive into the end zone that tied it for the third time.

INJURIES

Packers: LB Clay Matthews missed his first game of the season due to a groin injury. RB Ty Montgomery was also out with a rib issue.

Steelers: Rookie WR JuJu Smith-Schuster sat with a hamstring problem. Bryant started in Smith-Schuster's place and had his most productive game since returning from a year-long drug suspension that cost him the entire 2016 season.

Bella  
#183 Оставлено : 28 ноября 2017 г. 12:42:51(UTC)
Bella

Matthew Judon scoffed at the question.

Did he believe that in just his second NFL season, he’d be an every-down force against both the run and the pass?

come on. I mean, raining, this is what I do. I love playing football. It doesn’t matter if it’s cold,Authentic Aaron Rodgers Jersey, sleet, hot — I’m going to go out there and play. Everybody keeps asking me,Authentic Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Jersey,“Do you think you could be a good reporter? Did you?” the Ravens linebacker shot back at his interviewer. “Like, ‘Do I think I can?’ Yes. I believe in myself. I don’t think y’all believe in me,Authentic T.Y. Hilton Jersey, but I believe in myself.”

well,If that seems a bit prickly, you have to stand in Judon’s shoes to understand where he’s coming from.

The current AFC Defensive Player of the Week envisioned himself as this kind of player all the way back to his childhood days dancing around the fields of West Bloomfield.

No one else shared his outlook.

but they saw a lanky kid who might grow into something,Authentic Leonard Fournette Jersey, not a surefire NFL prospect. Even when he got to the Ravens as a fifth-round pick last year,Not a single Division I program came sniffing. The coaches at Division II Grand Valley State were happy to have him, he sensed he might be rubbing some players and coaches the wrong way with his loud, edgy demeanor.

he never would have gotten here. When you get past his armor of self-belief,So if Judon didn’t hold on to his vision with unusual ferocity, a more nuanced person emerges.

Pieretta, married his stepfather,Judon grew up the sixth of 10 children in a family that came together when his mother, Earl Hairston. Judon’s self-described “edge” softens when he talks about his siblings, who range from the eighth grade to age 32.

” he said. “We were never given handouts. We never had anybody to help us. So we always leaned on each other. … There’s something about that bond you have with nine other people that you can go to at any time,“We always had to work, for any reason.”

who had him for six years at Grand Valley (he redshirted his first year and then again when he tore his ACL as a junior),His college coaches, say his upbringing gave him an unusual social intelligence.

” said Grand Valley defensive line coach E.J. Whitlow, who became close with Judon. “You understand it’s not just you in the world, and that translates to football. With him,“I think it made him a selfless person, it was always, ‘What can I do to help the team?’ “

Judon agrees that his family life directly impacted his football life.

” he said. “And you can’t treat one person how you treat the next person. That’s how I am with my siblings. Some I’m more sensitive with and some I can joke with. It’s different conversations with different folks, and I do feel like I understand people more,“Everybody’s different in this world, just by reading body language.”

Judon became a foundational piece for coach Matt Mitchell’s program, not just the most gifted player but the guy who could be counted on to lift a younger teammate’s spirits or to demand accountability in the Grand Valley locker room.

“He had a big voice,Authentic Andrew Luck Jersey,” Mitchell said. “And everyone listened.”

a program for cognitively impaired people ages 12-50,Womens Aaron Rodgers Jersey, visited a team meeting in search of volunteers,When representatives of Camp Sunshine,Womens Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Jersey,Judon quickly stepped forward. Again, you can hear the tenderness in his voice when he recalls the songs he sang and the mentoring words he offered the campers.

compassionate side has endeared Judon to Ravens teammates as they’ve gotten to know him over the last two years. Defensive stars Terrell Suggs and C.J. Mosley have taken him under their wings. Of course,Womens T.Y. Hilton Jersey, that’s not just because he’s a likable character. NFL veterans decide rapidly whether a young guy can play, and Judon convinced them he was worth the effort. Even players from the other side of the ball,Womens Andrew Luck Jersey,That outgoing,Womens Leonard Fournette Jersey, such as All-Pro guard Marshal Yanda, reached out to give him pointers.

“Nothing,” Suggs said when asked what’s impressed him about Judon this season. “Because we expected it.”

but Ravens coaches anticipated a big leap based on what they saw in the offseason. It didn’t happen right away, as Judon managed just six tackles and no sacks in his first four games this season. But he’s blown up over the last six weeks,Judon played in 14 games and delivered five sacks as a rookie, which have included a 14-tackle, 2-sack game against the Bears and his career-best outing last Sunday against the Packers.

” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “He is a very talented guy, a very smart player. He does not make the same mistake twice. He understands the concept of the defense,“He just continues to improve, and when you get out there and you know what is going on around you and what other people are supposed to do, you make good decisions. He has done that.”

Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco has seen enough from Judon to know he wouldn’t want to play against him.

“Matt’s great,” he said. “I’ve been impressed with him as soon as he’s gotten here.”

So how did Judon transform from a guy who didn’t register at all with Division I recruiters to a key piece for one of the NFL’s best defenses?

The answers lie in his six years at Grand Valley.

When Mitchell first glimpsed Judon as a 225-pound teenager playing in the Detroit suburbs, he didn’t know exactly what he was.

Brandon Carr,Judon’s Ravens teammate, also played at Grand Valley. He wanted to know if Judon had spent his whole career in the little-known program.

he has the biggest chip on his shoulder, the biggest work ethic,” Carr said. “And just being here this year and seeing his work ethic,“If a guy goes that route, he’s going to be special, man.”

Bella  
#184 Оставлено : 29 ноября 2017 г. 11:59:53(UTC)
Bella

Eli Manning stood broken at his locker on Tuesday afternoon in East Rutherford, not long before the sun went down across the highway from where Manning had worked daily the past 14 years to become the greatest quarterback in Giants history.

seeking clarity on why Ben McAdoo was turning to Geno Smith as the Giants' new starting quarterback,Manning was choking back emotion as reporters circled him before the questions even hit. But when the necessary and uncomfortable inquiries did come,Womens Amari Cooper Jersey, it became harder for the famously impenetrable Eli to hide his feelings.

His eyes welled up with tears and emotion. He was in pain. He could not say if he ever would play a game for the Giants again. He probably won't.

"It's hard," Manning said. "A hard day to handle this. But I'll hang in there. And figure it out."

Manning,Authentic Joe Montana Jersey, seemingly was going to have to surrender snaps at some point to rookie Davis Webb, 36, given the Giants' season had tumbled into a 2-9 oblivion and they would need to see Webb in games to prepare for next spring's draft.

But it wasn't supposed to happen like this.

Not with Jason Pierre-Paul,Authentic Jerry Rice Jersey, yucking it up with teammates not 10 feet away from Manning's locker as the two-time Super Bowl winning QB basically eulogized his own Giants career, an eighth-year veteran who should know better, which is essentially over. And with no one telling JPP to show a little respect.

Not with Bobby Hart,Authentic Sean Taylor Jersey, acting more jovially than he has in almost three months. Not with teammates such as these showing no class, a backup lineman who declared himself the best right tackle in the league in September, revealing just how lost this locker room has become.

Not with Manning, receiving his pink slip from McAdoo, who owns two Super Bowl rings, a relative nobody whose disastrous coaching job helped caused Tuesday's travesty.

Not with McAdoo offensively suggesting that Manning continue starting to keep his 210-game streak alive, no matter what he would give way to Smith in the second half. Manning called out his coach for that ridiculous suggestion, knowing full well that on Sunday in Oakland, the latest example of McAdoo having no feel for his job.

"I just didn't think that you start knowing that you're going to come out of a game to keep a streak alive maybe, that's not fair to Geno," Manning said. "That's not what it's about … That's not fair. That's not fair to me, that's not how you play."

Instead," side-by-side, and in walked Smith for his moment under the lights, and then finally in walked Webb, Manning endured five of the worst minutes of his career and then stepped aside, symbolically doing his interview in front of the lockers "Manning 10" and "Webb 5, but with such a different meaning than they had on Monday.

McAdoo weeks ago should have started dressing Webb for games, he could have turned those lost second-halves and fourth quarters into tryouts for the rookie third-round pick. Plenty of the Giants' games have gotten out of hand. The fan base would have understood pulling Manning from disaster losses to take a look at the future, and when the scores got out of hand, and a transition would have felt more natural and studied in a lost season.

what seemed to make Tuesday more difficult on Manning is that he was as stunned as any of his loyal fans.,But no. McAdoo, Peyton (208),Womens Marshawn Lynch Jersey, Jerry Reese and John Mara chose the route of blindsiding Manning. At least they let him pass his brother, for second all-time in consecutive starts behind Brett Favre (297) before pulling the plug. Still

He never saw it coming.

"No. I mean, I didn't know,Authentic Amari Cooper Jersey," Manning said. "I spoke with Jerry Reese a little bit, and Mr. Mara, he hadn't been in today,Womens Jerry Rice Jersey, but he knows what's going on and I'll try to speak with him tomorrow some time."

The hard truth, of course,Authentic Reuben Foster Jersey, is that Manning was playing poorly this season and making mistakes that were costing the team in some big spots,Womens Joe Montana Jersey, so he was showing signs of slowing down. The gut punch,Womens Reuben Foster Jersey, though, is that there is an unmistakable feeling that everyone associated with the Giants has let Manning down with how this is ending.

And while JPP was busy yucking it up with his buddies and Damon Harrison was busy feuding on Twitter with an irate Carl Banks, it was an undrafted rookie,Womens Sean Taylor Jersey, right tackle Chad Wheeler, who best summed up the respect Manning deserves and the difficulty of watching the team's performance impact Manning's storied career.

"To play with him? It was a tremendous honor, first off," Wheeler,Authentic Marshawn Lynch Jersey, 23, coming off his first two career NFL starts protecting Manning, told the Daily News Tuesday. "I'm very thankful to everybody that had a hand in the opportunity to allow me to play the game with him. It was surreal.

"I wish I gave him a better second game like the first one," Wheeler said, growing a bit emotional himself. "I kinda gave up a couple sacks the second one. Yeah, it was just a dream come true: watching him play as a kid, making some of the craziest throws I've seen anyone make. How competitive he is, how great of a quarterback he is. Sometimes I have to just slow down and think about it because the feeling is, wow. It's unreal."

saying of Manning: "I told him I support him. I told him I have a ton of respect for him.",Smith was gracious

Webb was first-class, saying he told Manning: "You're the best teammate I've had in my life and the best quarterback I've ever seen in my life." If Webb isn't the Giants' future franchise quarterback, he certainly talks and acts like it.

But the unspoken, uncomfortable reality is that Manning's Giants career has to be over. He was scheduled to cost $22.2 million against the team's cap in 2018 and $23.2 million in 2019, and what is Manning going to do, tuck his tail between his legs and return and then take a paycut, to boot? No way, no how.

Tom Coughlin weighed in Tuesday night on WJXL-AM in Jacksonville: "I was very upset … when I heard that." Kurt Warner joined Coughlin and Banks in a growing list of those who were mortified by the move: "Shame on the Giants."

Then the Daily News ran a poll, asking Giants fans, "After watching Ben McAdoo bench Eli Manning and bring him to near-tears, will you attend the Giants' remaining 2017 home games?" Out of 1,623 votes in the two-hour poll, 93% of the fans voted no.

McAdoo and Reese are next.,That should tell you Manning might look like the scapegoat now. But come January
Bella  
#185 Оставлено : 29 ноября 2017 г. 12:12:57(UTC)
Bella

It’s reasonable for 49ers fans to be eager to see quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo.

But the reaction to the way he finally got on the field was more than some 49ers players could stomach.

several 49ers players were bothered by the fact some fans were cheering when quarterback C.J. Beathard was injured,Via Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area,Authentic Pat Tillman Jersey, allowing Garoppolo to make his debut.

“People don’t understand what we through as football players and what our bodies go through,Womens David Johnson Jersey,” 49ers safety Eric Reid said. “And he’s laying down on the ground and people are cheering. That’s messed up.”

Team athletic trainers were checking Beathard’s knee when Garoppolo began warming up, triggering the response.

“I was disappointed in them when they were cheering,Authentic Deion Jones Jersey,” linebacker Reuben Foster said. “Our fans are better than that. It’s a fact that our starting quarterback is down. And he’s been making plays. He’s been taking his body into a lot of things that a quarterback shouldn’t be getting into.

“I have to wait and make sure my brother on the ground is[OK] before I cheer for Jimmy. I’m going to cheer for my brother when he gets off the ground because he’s all right. And then I’m going to cheer for Jimmy.”

there’s also the uncomfortable possibility that 49ers fans — or people in general — are not better than that,Womens Pat Tillman Jersey, and only want to see their temporal desires satisfied at the expense of the actual human beings who temporarily occupy their favorite colors. One or the other. Thanksgiving’s over,Authentic David Johnson Jersey,Of course,Womens Deion Jones Jersey, after all. Buy some new stuff. I’m sure souls and quarterbacks are available online somewhere.
Bella  
#186 Оставлено : 30 ноября 2017 г. 11:16:55(UTC)
Bella

OTTAWA -- If the New York Islanders were on Cloud Nine as they flew north for Saturday night's game at Canadian Tire Centre, they surely didn't see their next opponents on the way.

The Ottawa Senators were slinking home at the same time.

Both teams had slow starts in the first of back-to-back games on Friday.

The Islanders trailed the Philadelphia Flyers 4-2 after two periods and the Senators were tied 1-1 through 20 minutes with the Columbus Blue Jackets, but they were also being outshot 14-4 and kept alive by goalie Craig Anderson.

From there, the Islanders (13-7-2) and Senators (8-7-6) continued to go in opposite directions.

a 5-4 victory on an overtime goal by Nick Leddy. Ottawa lost its fifth in a row,New York rallied to win for the fifth time in six games,Authentic Mike Condon jersey, falling 5-2 to the streaking Blue Jackets.

a lot of frustration,Authentic Craig Anderson jersey,"It's a tough slide right now,adidas Marc-Andre Fleury jersey," Senators winger Tom Pyatt said while searching for positives. "We're going to be a better team coming out of this. We just have to keep building it. It's nice that we have that game (Saturday) to get right back into it."

Returning to the friendly confines of their own rink won't necessarily provide a boost, as the Senators are 4-4-5 at home. They were 4-0-0 on the road before dropping three straight on a trip that started with games against the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals.

there is nothing to draw from it,adidas Craig Anderson jersey," said defenseman Dion Phaneuf,"The road trip is not good, whose team is in a 0-of-17 rut on the power play. "But we've got to find a way to claw back."

The Senators hit the road again for six in a row after facing the Islanders.

which started with third-period goals by Jordan Eberle and Andrew Ladd, adidas James Neal jersey,lifted them into third place in the Metropolitan Division,The Islanders' comeback against the Flyers, one point ahead of the Washington Capitals. They have more than erased a start that saw them win just one of their first four games and two of their first six.

you can't make the playoffs in the first 20 games,adidas Mike Condon jersey, but you can definitely get out of it,Authentic James Neal jersey,"As cliche as it sounds,Authentic Marc-Andre Fleury jersey," Eberle told Newsday. "We're in the hunt and that's where you want to be. We want to continue to roll."

Against the Senators, they are expected to face struggling backup goalie Mike Condon and an Erik Karlsson who has not picked up a point in his last five games.

skilled team and they got the best defenseman in the league,"They're a very fast," Leddy said of the Senators and Karlsson. "He's always a challenge to stop. We're looking forward to the challenge."
Bella  
#187 Оставлено : 30 ноября 2017 г. 11:28:27(UTC)
Bella

Eli Manning stood broken at his locker on Tuesday afternoon in East Rutherford, not long before the sun went down across the highway from where Manning had worked daily the past 14 years to become the greatest quarterback in Giants history.

Manning was choking back emotion as reporters circled him before the questions even hit. But when the necessary and uncomfortable inquiries did come, seeking clarity on why Ben McAdoo was turning to Geno Smith as the Giants' new starting quarterback, it became harder for the famously impenetrable Eli to hide his feelings.

His eyes welled up with tears and emotion. He was in pain. He could not say if he ever would play a game for the Giants again. He probably won't.

"It's hard,Womens Julio Jones Jersey," Manning said. "A hard day to handle this. But I'll hang in there. And figure it out."

Manning, 36,Womens Devonta Freeman Jersey, seemingly was going to have to surrender snaps at some point to rookie Davis Webb, given the Giants' season had tumbled into a 2-9 oblivion and they would need to see Webb in games to prepare for next spring's draft.

But it wasn't supposed to happen like this.

Not with Jason Pierre-Paul, an eighth-year veteran who should know better,Womens LeSean McCoy Jersey, which is essentially over. And with no one telling JPP to show a little respect., yucking it up with teammates not 10 feet away from Manning's locker as the two-time Super Bowl winning QB basically eulogized his own Giants career

Not with Bobby Hart, a backup lineman who declared himself the best right tackle in the league in September, revealing just how lost this locker room has become., acting more jovially than he has in almost three months. Not with teammates such as these showing no class

Not with Manning, who owns two Super Bowl rings, a relative nobody whose disastrous coaching job helped caused Tuesday's travesty., receiving his pink slip from McAdoo

Not with McAdoo offensively suggesting that Manning continue starting to keep his 210-game streak alive, knowing full well that on Sunday in Oakland, the latest example of McAdoo having no feel for his job., no matter what he would give way to Smith in the second half. Manning called out his coach for that ridiculous suggestion

"I just didn't think that you start knowing that you're going to come out of a game to keep a streak alive maybe," Manning said. "That's not what it's about … That's not fair. That's not fair to me, that's not how you play.", that's not fair to Geno

and in walked Smith for his moment under the lights, Manning endured five of the worst minutes of his career and then stepped aside, and then finally in walked Webb," side-by-side,Instead, symbolically doing his interview in front of the lockers "Manning 10" and "Webb 5, but with such a different meaning than they had on Monday.

McAdoo weeks ago should have started dressing Webb for games, and when the scores got out of hand, and a transition would have felt more natural and studied in a lost season.,Authentic Devonta Freeman Jersey, he could have turned those lost second-halves and fourth quarters into tryouts for the rookie third-round pick. Plenty of the Giants' games have gotten out of hand. The fan base would have understood pulling Manning from disaster losses to take a look at the future

Jerry Reese and John Mara chose the route of blindsiding Manning. At least they let him pass his brother,But no. McAdoo, Peyton (208), what seemed to make Tuesday more difficult on Manning is that he was as stunned as any of his loyal fans., for second all-time in consecutive starts behind Brett Favre (297) before pulling the plug. Still

He never saw it coming.

"No. I mean,Authentic Julio Jones Jersey, I didn't know," Manning said. "I spoke with Jerry Reese a little bit,Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey, he hadn't been in today,Authentic Jim Kelly Jersey, and Mr. Mara, but he knows what's going on and I'll try to speak with him tomorrow some time."

The hard truth,Womens Jim Kelly Jersey, of course, is that Manning was playing poorly this season and making mistakes that were costing the team in some big spots,Womens Christian McCaffrey Jersey, though,Authentic LeSean McCoy Jersey, so he was showing signs of slowing down. The gut punch, is that there is an unmistakable feeling that everyone associated with the Giants has let Manning down with how this is ending.

And while JPP was busy yucking it up with his buddies and Damon Harrison was busy feuding on Twitter with an irate Carl Banks, it was an undrafted rookie, who best summed up the respect Manning deserves and the difficulty of watching the team's performance impact Manning's storied career., right tackle Chad Wheeler

"To play with him? It was a tremendous honor, first off," Wheeler, coming off his first two career NFL starts protecting Manning, 23, told the Daily News Tuesday. "I'm very thankful to everybody that had a hand in the opportunity to allow me to play the game with him. It was surreal.

growing a bit emotional himself. "I kinda gave up a couple sacks the second one. Yeah," Wheeler said, it was just a dream come true: watching him play as a kid, how great of a quarterback he is. Sometimes I have to just slow down and think about it because the feeling is,"I wish I gave him a better second game like the first one, making some of the craziest throws I've seen anyone make. How competitive he is, wow. It's unreal."

saying of Manning: "I told him I support him. I told him I have a ton of respect for him.",Smith was gracious

Webb was first-class, he certainly talks and acts like it., saying he told Manning: "You're the best teammate I've had in my life and the best quarterback I've ever seen in my life." If Webb isn't the Giants' future franchise quarterback

But the unspoken, uncomfortable reality is that Manning's Giants career has to be over. He was scheduled to cost $22.2 million against the team's cap in 2018 and $23.2 million in 2019, and what is Manning going to do, to boot? No way, tuck his tail between his legs and return and then take a paycut, no how.

Tom Coughlin weighed in Tuesday night on WJXL-AM in Jacksonville: "I was very upset … when I heard that." Kurt Warner joined Coughlin and Banks in a growing list of those who were mortified by the move: "Shame on the Giants."

Then the Daily News ran a poll, asking Giants fans, "After watching Ben McAdoo bench Eli Manning and bring him to near-tears,623 votes in the two-hour poll, will you attend the Giants' remaining 2017 home games?" Out of 1, 93% of the fans voted no.

McAdoo and Reese are next.,That should tell you Manning might look like the scapegoat now.
Bella  
#188 Оставлено : 1 декабря 2017 г. 11:58:08(UTC)
Bella

Bruce Arians loves to throw deep, run up the score and checkmate defensive coordinators. But some of his fondest memories occur in the parking lot after a game, when the brotherhood of the sport transcends the outcome of a game., when he pops the trunk, serves drinks and talks football with coaches and players who are limping out of the stadium. They are rare bonding moments that come in the aftermath of battle

It’s also why a 33-0 loss to the Rams in London might’ve been Arians’ worst moment as an NFL head coach. It was the first time the Cardinals were shut out during his Arizona tenure. Postgame tailgating shenanigans were replaced by an endless flight across the ocean. And it sets the backdrop for the biggest game of the season, a grudge match against the Rams that could actually vault the Cardinals into playoff contention.

“We have all these games at home down the stretch,Authentic Aaron Rodgers Jersey,” Arians said. “They’re all extremely important. So we have a chance.”

The Cardinals don’t look like a playoff team. They haven’t been over .500 or beaten winning teams in succession since 2015. Their signature 27-24 win against the Jaguars came against a good team with a fatal flaw at quarterback. Those in the press box will never forget how Tom Coughlin,Authentic Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Jersey, former Super Bowl champion and current Jacksonville executive, emoting loudly for most the game.,Authentic Andrew Luck Jersey, pounded a back-row table into submission

But there’s something happening here. The team’s third-string quarterback,Authentic T.Y. Hilton Jersey, Blaine Gabbert, who has shown an innate ability to avoid the rush without panic.,Authentic Leonard Fournette Jersey, has beaten the Rams in his last two attempts. His poise and playmaking ability have lit a candle of hope for the present and future. For the first time in their recent and contentious history with the Cardinals, the Rams will face an athletic quarterback who is quick on his feet

They will no longer feast on an immobile target that often ends up in the trainer’s room. Or worse.

Gabbert shined in his Arizona debut, a loss against the Texans. That game properly embarrassed the defense, who took all blame for a fourth-down call that defied logic and fueled defeat., a unit forever stamped with the indignity of losing to Tom Savage. It also called Arians’ mindset into question

And the very next day, blaming his players while absolving himself completely., Arians took it all back

In the days that followed, it was fair to wonder if Arians was losing his grip and his support in the locker room. Instead, disrupting the backfield and tackling with malice., the defense produced its most spirited performance to date

Best of all, commemorating a painful homecoming and representing the worst possible way to lose to the Jaguars. But Gabbert responded. So did Tyrann Mathieu and Phil Dawson. Nobody quit on their head coach or a season in progress. They did just the opposite., the team finally fought through adversity. A Gabbert fumble led to a Calais Campbell touchdown

“That (situation) was Doomsday about a month ago,” Arians said.

The Rams are the latest litmus test. They feature a dynamic offense and a franchise quarterback (Jared Goff) who has made tremendous strides in his second season. Head coach Sean McVay is far more formidable than his predecessor, a man Arians tormented for years., Jeff Fisher

McVay’s offense includes a new twist. He likes his team to get to the line of scrimmage as fast as possible, giving the head coach enough time to call audibles for his quarterback before the headset communication mutes with 15 seconds left on the play clock.

Former quarterback Chris Simms was highly critical of the tactic,Womens Aaron Rodgers Jersey, saying all play-changing decisions should come from the quarterback and not the sideline,Womens Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Jersey, a way to separate good quarterbacks from the great (Tom Brady,Womens Andrew Luck Jersey, Arians is well-aware of what the Rams are doing., Peyton Manning,Womens T.Y. Hilton Jersey, etc.) Either way

“They do a really good job of getting to the line and working audibles,Womens Leonard Fournette Jersey,” Arians said. “So we have to do a much better job of disguising what we’re doing. And we have to tackle. We did not tackle well over there (in London).”

This game also represents a chance for Arians to continue his own second-half comeback. Recently, he's begun kicking off after winning the coin toss, including a 57-yard field goal., letting his defense set the tone. His offense has adapted to suit the talents of Gabbert. The end-game execution against Jacksonville was flawless, when the Cardinals executed three perfect plays in succession

This showdown is also one of the more understated big games in Cardinals history. A victory over the Rams would even their record at 6-6. It would surely mean that Gabbert continued to ascend and the defense has finally found its missing ferocity. The postseason wouldn’t sound so silly if this team proves it can win two games in succession, beating a pair of playoff contenders in the process.

Yet Valley fans have been highly distracted this week, a place they rarely sit., fixating on the firing of Todd Graham and the impending hire of Herm Edwards. The transition has elicited the kind of passion Arizona State would love to see in the stands for home game against Oregon State. It has also put the Cardinals on a backburner

That will all change with a winning streak. Beat the Rams, toasting a team that doesn’t die easily., and the patchwork Cardinals gain legitimacy and renewed attention. You might even find Arians in the parking lot after the game
Bella  
#189 Оставлено : 1 декабря 2017 г. 12:12:52(UTC)
Bella

Josh Bellamy dismissed his heated argument with Tre McBride - which was within earshot of reporters in the media room at Halas Hall on Monday - as "brotherly love" and "normal," even though McBride was waived from the team within 24 hours of the altercation. Bellamy said he doesn't "feel bad for nothin'" regarding the argument.

These are things that happen when a team is 3-8 and could be on its way to a fourth consecutive season with double-digit losses. This team is frustrated with the way this season has gone, with four consecutive losses crashing the Bears out of fringe playoff contention to the bottom of the NFC North.

"You just gotta hold everybody accountable,Authentic Harrison Smith Jersey," Bellamy said. "That's it. Just get everybody on the same page so we can get this thing going."

A win on Sunday won't change the course of the 2017 season for the Bears,Authentic Sam Bradford Jersey, but it would alleviate some of that mounting frustration,Womens Stefon Diggs Jersey, at least for a week.

The likely return of linebacker Danny Trevathan - who was a full participant in Thursday's practice - could be key for slowing a 49ers offense that,Womens Brandin Cooks Jersey, even with quarterback of the future Jimmy Garoppolo making his first start for San Francisco on Sunday, the Bears have allowed 3.7 yards per carry; in the four games he's missed,Authentic Brandin Cooks Jersey, relies on running back Carlos Hyde. In Trevathan's seven games,Womens Harrison Smith Jersey, opponents have averaged 4.5 yards per carry.

"When you have a veteran linebacker back there, it's just beneficial,Womens Sam Bradford Jersey, somebody that's done it at the highest levels,Authentic Stefon Diggs Jersey,that's been in this league for five years,Womens Drew Brees Jersey, played for a Super Bowl," defensive end Akiem Hicks said. "It helps. It keeps everybody else on cue."

That sort of fits the getting-everyone-on-the-same-page thought. A win certainly would help move things in that direction here at Halas Hall. And while it may not count for much in the standings,Authentic Drew Brees Jersey, it can't hurt the development of Mitchell Trubisky to happen in a less-frustrated atmosphere.
Bella  
#190 Оставлено : 2 декабря 2017 г. 11:17:11(UTC)
Bella

The Edmonton Oilers closed out a tough road trip with a 4-2 win over the Boston Bruins.

The Oilers went 2-3 on their five-game road trip and bounced back after a moribund game in Buffalo on Friday.

starting with the goaltender out,adidas Marc-Andre Fleury jersey,“Tonight was a well-played team game by everybody that dressed,” said head coach Todd McLellan. “I thought we managed the puck much better. We got pucks behind them and had more of a forecheck game than a pretty game. That helped us.”

The Bruins took the lead on a first period power play when David Pastrnak burst in and beat Cam Talbot glove side.

outshooting the Bruins 17-5. Patrick Maroon and Adam Larsson tallied to give them a 2-1 edge. However,Authentic Marc-Andre Fleury jersey,The Oilers dominated the second period,adidas Craig Anderson jersey, the lead lasted only 1:11 as David Krejci converted a Boston rush to make it 2-2.

Just over two minutes into the third,Authentic Mike Condon jersey, Leon Draisaitl found Ryan Strome in the slot. His quick wrister went right under the crossbar to put the Oilers back in front. Draisaitl sealed it with an empty netter in the final minute.

” said Strome. “The challenge is still consistency game in and game out. Hopefully,adidas James Neal jersey,“I don’t know why we make life so hard on ourselves night in and night out, we can find that here.”

making his 200th NHL start,Authentic James Neal jersey,Talbot, made 23 saves for the win.

who have six straight wins against the Bruins,adidas Mike Condon jersey,The Oilers,Authentic Craig Anderson jersey, are back home to play Arizona on Tuesday.
Bella  
#191 Оставлено : 2 декабря 2017 г. 11:24:43(UTC)
Bella

Bruce Arians loves to throw deep, run up the score and checkmate defensive coordinators. But some of his fondest memories occur in the parking lot after a game, when he pops the trunk, when the brotherhood of the sport transcends the outcome of a game., serves drinks and talks football with coaches and players who are limping out of the stadium. They are rare bonding moments that come in the aftermath of battle

a grudge match against the Rams that could actually vault the Cardinals into playoff contention.,It’s also why a 33-0 loss to the Rams in London might’ve been Arians’ worst moment as an NFL head coach. It was the first time the Cardinals were shut out during his Arizona tenure. Postgame tailgating shenanigans were replaced by an endless flight across the ocean. And it sets the backdrop for the biggest game of the season

” Arians said. “They’re all extremely important. So we have a chance.”,“We have all these games at home down the stretch

The Cardinals don’t look like a playoff team. They haven’t been over .500 or beaten winning teams in succession since 2015. Their signature 27-24 win against the Jaguars came against a good team with a fatal flaw at quarterback. Those in the press box will never forget how Tom Coughlin, former Super Bowl champion and current Jacksonville executive,Womens Amari Cooper Jersey, emoting loudly for most the game.,Womens Marshawn Lynch Jersey, pounded a back-row table into submission

But there’s something happening here. The team’s third-string quarterback, Blaine Gabbert,Authentic Jerry Rice Jersey, has beaten the Rams in his last two attempts. His poise and playmaking ability have lit a candle of hope for the present and future. For the first time in their recent and contentious history with the Cardinals, who has shown an innate ability to avoid the rush without panic.,Authentic Reuben Foster Jersey, the Rams will face an athletic quarterback who is quick on his feet

They will no longer feast on an immobile target that often ends up in the trainer’s room. Or worse.

Gabbert shined in his Arizona debut, a loss against the Texans. That game properly embarrassed the defense,Womens Sean Taylor Jersey, who took all blame for a fourth-down call that defied logic and fueled defeat., a unit forever stamped with the indignity of losing to Tom Savage. It also called Arians’ mindset into question

And the very next day, blaming his players while absolving himself completely., Arians took it all back

In the days that followed, it was fair to wonder if Arians was losing his grip and his support in the locker room. Instead, disrupting the backfield and tackling with malice., the defense produced its most spirited performance to date

Best of all, commemorating a painful homecoming and representing the worst possible way to lose to the Jaguars. But Gabbert responded. So did Tyrann Mathieu and Phil Dawson. Nobody quit on their head coach or a season in progress. They did just the opposite., the team finally fought through adversity. A Gabbert fumble led to a Calais Campbell touchdown

” Arians said.,“That (situation) was Doomsday about a month ago

The Rams are the latest litmus test. They feature a dynamic offense and a franchise quarterback (Jared Goff) who has made tremendous strides in his second season. Head coach Sean McVay is far more formidable than his predecessor, a man Arians tormented for years., Jeff Fisher

giving the head coach enough time to call audibles for his quarterback before the headset communication mutes with 15 seconds left on the play clock.,,Womens Jerry Rice Jersey,McVay’s offense includes a new twist. He likes his team to get to the line of scrimmage as fast as possible

saying all play-changing decisions should come from the quarterback and not the sideline,Authentic Amari Cooper Jersey,Former quarterback Chris Simms was highly critical of the tactic,Authentic Marshawn Lynch Jersey, a way to separate good quarterbacks from the great (Tom Brady,Authentic Joe Montana Jersey, Arians is well-aware of what the Rams are doing., Peyton Manning,Womens Joe Montana Jersey etc.) Either way

” Arians said. “So we have to do a much better job of disguising what we’re doing. And we have to tackle. We did not tackle well over there (in London).”,“They do a really good job of getting to the line and working audibles

This game also represents a chance for Arians to continue his own second-half comeback. Recently,Womens Reuben Foster Jersey, he's begun kicking off after winning the coin toss, letting his defense set the tone. His offense has adapted to suit the talents of Gabbert. The end-game execution against Jacksonville was flawless, including a 57-yard field goal.,Authentic Sean Taylor Jersey, when the Cardinals executed three perfect plays in succession

beating a pair of playoff contenders in the process.,This showdown is also one of the more understated big games in Cardinals history. A victory over the Rams would even their record at 6-6. It would surely mean that Gabbert continued to ascend and the defense has finally found its missing ferocity. The postseason wouldn’t sound so silly if this team proves it can win two games in succession

Yet Valley fans have been highly distracted this week, a place they rarely sit., fixating on the firing of Todd Graham and the impending hire of Herm Edwards. The transition has elicited the kind of passion Arizona State would love to see in the stands for home game against Oregon State. It has also put the Cardinals on a backburner

That will all change with a winning streak. Beat the Rams, toasting a team that doesn’t die easily., and the patchwork Cardinals gain legitimacy and renewed attention. You might even find Arians in the parking lot after the game
Bella  
#192 Оставлено : 4 декабря 2017 г. 12:11:48(UTC)
Bella

In the big picture, the result of Sunday's game - a 15-14 Bears loss to the San Francisco 49ers, who scored all their points on five Robbie Gould field goals - doesn't matter a whole lot. It does to the players, of course, and will have some impact on the draft positions of both of these teams.

But what Sunday's meeting between two of the worst teams in the NFL did highlight was the gap between Jimmy Garoppolo and Mitchell Trubisky.

Garoppolo, who's in his fourth year in the league, made his first start with the 49ers and completed 26 of 37 passes for 293 yards with an interception and an 82.4 rating. Trubisky,Authentic Pat Tillman Jersey, making his eighth career start,Womens David Johnson Jersey, completed 12 of 15 passes for 102 yards with one touchdown and a rating of 117.2. But this less about each player's respective stat line and more about how each player looked on Sunday.

even with a lackluster group of receivers and a running game that didn't go anywhere (Carlos Hyde rushed 17 times for 54 yards).,Womens Deion Jones Jersey,Garoppolo - who was barely pressured by the Bears' front seven - picked apart the middle of the field and made a number of impressive throws

he looked comfortable and confident throwing the ball and operating the San Francisco offense. Garoppolo's interception was less about him making a bad throw and more about Kyle Fuller making an outstanding play to rip the ball away from receiver Louis Murphy.,Authentic Vic Beasley Jr Jersey,For all the talk in the Bay Area of Garoppolo not knowing coach Kyle Shahanan's offensive system

Meanwhile, Trubisky started the game well, finding Dontrelle Inman for an eight-yard touchdown and showing good timing on some quick slant throws. But whatever modest level of success he had against a 49ers defense that entered Sunday ranked 27th in DVOA fizzled in the second half. Trubisky fumbled twice in the span of three plays at one point and looked "hoppy" at times,Authentic Austin Hooper Jersey, though he once again did well to avoid any dangerous throws.

Everyone shares in the blame for the Bears' offensive struggles,Womens Vic Beasley Jr Jersey, though there's an argument to be made the coaching around Garoppolo is better.,Authentic Deion Jones Jersey, from Trubisky to the running game to the wide receivers to the offensive line to the coaching staff. It's not like the 49ers have markedly better players surrounding their franchise quarterback

But while Garoppolo out-played Trubisky on Sunday,Womens Pat Tillman Jersey, and given the market for quarterbacks (see: Mike Glennon's contract) he'll be in line for a hefty payday from San Francisco.,Authentic David Johnson Jersey, this isn't necessarily a sky-is-falling take second-guessing the Bears' decision to get their guy instead of the 49ers' guy. Worth noting: Garoppolo will be a free agent after this season

the Bears control Trubisky for four more inexpensive years during which he can develop and grow. It might be easier to build a core around a quarterback who will earn a little over $29 million on his current contract than having to pay around $20 million just to keep said franchise quarterback.,Womens Austin Hooper Jersey,Meanwhile
Bella  
#193 Оставлено : 4 декабря 2017 г. 12:20:37(UTC)
Bella

CHICAGO (AP) — When John Fox was hired to coach the Chicago Bears, general manager Ryan Pace said he was "a proven winner" and "the perfect man to lead our charge."

Almost three years later, it's not going very well. And it might not be going on for much longer.

Chicago managed just eight first downs and 147 yards of offense in its fifth straight loss on Sunday, falling 15-14 to the lowly San Francisco 49ers on five field goals by former Bears kicker Robbie Gould. Fox dropped to 12-32 in his third stop as an NFL head coach and is assured of a third consecutive losing season.

"It was hard to even talk to the team after this loss,Authentic John Ross Jersey, and they are working at it. It is just that we haven't been able to finish on those close games. We've had our share of them,Womens A.J. Green Jersey," Fox said. "I think we had a great week of preparation. I think the guys' mindsets are good, and today was another example."

Fox coached Carolina and Denver to a combined six division titles and seven playoff appearances in 13 years before he took over Chicago in January 2015. He is one of six coaches to lead two franchises to Super Bowl appearances,Womens DeShone Kizer Jersey, joining Don Shula,Authentic Barry Sanders Jersey, Bill Parcells, Dan Reeves, Dick Vermeil and Mike Holmgren.

But the 62-year-old Fox hasn't been able to turn around the Bears. Not even close.

Chicago went 6-10 in Fox's first season in charge and then slipped to 3-13 last year. After showing signs of promise earlier this season — the Bears beat AFC North-leading Pittsburgh in September, and posted consecutive wins against playoff contenders Baltimore and Carolina in October — the defense has regressed a bit and the offense continues to sputter with rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky behind center.

"We've just got to be better as an offense, and it starts with me," Trubisky said. "I got to continue to get better each week and be more consistent, especially on third down. Just we need to be more balanced and we will, moving forward. We'll see what we're made of this week."

Trubisky was 12 for 15 for 102 yards and a touchdown for Chicago (3-9), giving the Bears a 14-6 lead with 5:49 left in the first half, which visits Cincinnati next weekend. Tarik Cohen had a spectacular 61-yard punt return for a touchdown, but that was the final score for Fox's team.

San Francisco trailed 14-12 when it got the ball at its own 8 with 5 1/2 minutes left. Jimmy Garoppolo then directed the 49ers on a 14-play,Womens John Ross Jersey, 86-yard drive to Gould's winning field goal with 4 seconds remaining.

Fox said the Bears thought about letting San Francisco (2-10) score after it drove deep into Chicago territory — possibly preserving time for one final chance for Trubisky and company — but they decided against it.

"Yeah,Authentic A.J. Green Jersey, we talked about it,Womens Barry Sanders Jersey, but it would have had to be done at about 1:36 or 1:40, whatever it was," Fox said. "We felt good about the block we had on a potential field goal. Neither one of those are great options at the 5- and 4-yard line."

Gould pumped his right arm and yelled toward the Bears sideline after connecting on the winning kick . Gould, the Bears' career leader in points and made field goals,Authentic Jim Brown Jersey, was cut by Chicago prior to the 2016 opener.

Fox said he didn't see Gould's reaction,Womens Jim Brown Jersey, so he had no comment on the display. The coach has one more year left on his contract after this season, and he offered no indication of any major changes in the pipeline after Chicago dropped to 2-5 at home.

"We're going back to work with our heads down,Authentic DeShone Kizer Jersey, and we will continue to work," he said.
Bella  
#194 Оставлено : 5 декабря 2017 г. 11:51:09(UTC)
Bella

In searching the hockey-player database hockydb.com, there are 12 guys named Erik Johnson to have played junior, major-junior,Authentic Mike Condon jersey, college or professional hockey. Just one,Authentic Craig Anderson jersey, however,Authentic Marc-Andre Fleury jersey, has reached the NHL, and the Avalanche’s Erik Johnson played in his 600th career game at the highest level Sunday.

Johnson, the No. 1 pick in the 2006 draft, has become an elite NHL defenseman in his late 20s. He leads Colorado in average ice time at 26:25, by St. Louis, which was top-five in the league entering Sunday’s game against the Dallas Stars.

“I feel like his game is getting better and better,adidas James Neal jersey,” Avs coach Jared Bednar said of Johnson, Sunday morning. “The amount of minutes and the situations he is playing in,adidas Craig Anderson jersey, 29, it’s just showing that he is becoming a top defender in this league.”

Johnson is an alternate captain this season,adidas Mike Condon jersey, the first time in his career he has worn a letter on his chest. He seems to work well with captain Gabe Landeskog and alternate captain Nathan MacKinnon. The Avs are the second-youngest NHL team.

“He leads by example,Authentic James Neal jersey,” Bednar said of Johnson. “His mindset every day,adidas Marc-Andre Fleury jersey, real positive, always looking forward to help those young guys in any way he can.”

In net. Bednar started backup goalie Jonathan Bernier against the Stars, based on his 28-save, 3-0 shutout over Dallas Nov. 22 at the Pepsi Center. That Stars haven’t lost since that game, taking a four-game winning streak into Sunday’s game.

“Looking back at it over the past couple days preparing for them, we did a nice job getting back in our zone and getting clean exits,” Bednar said of the last game against Dallas. “We got some timely scoring. We created some good opportunities so we looked at some of the ways we did that last time.”, which helped us a little bit

fourth-line winger Blake Comeau is donning an ”A” as the Avs third official captain. The letter gives Comeau the ability to meet with referees. … The Avs will complete their five-game homestand Tuesday against the struggling Buffalo Sabres. Colorado embarks on a four-game road trip Thursday at Tampa Bay.,Footnotes. Landeskog served the third game of his four-game suspension for his illegal cross check on Calgary’s Matthew Tkachuk on Nov. 25. In replacing Landeskog’s leadership
Bella  
#195 Оставлено : 5 декабря 2017 г. 11:58:01(UTC)
Bella

In the big picture,Authentic Allen Robinson Jersey, the result of Sunday's game - a 15-14 Bears loss to the San Francisco 49ers,Womens Joey Bosa Jersey, of course,Womens Dan Fouts Jersey, who scored all their points on five Robbie Gould field goals - doesn't matter a whole lot. It does to the players,Authentic Dalvin Cook Jersey, and will have some impact on the draft positions of both of these teams.

But what Sunday's meeting between two of the worst teams in the NFL did highlight was the gap between Jimmy Garoppolo and Mitchell Trubisky.

Garoppolo, who's in his fourth year in the league, making his eighth career start, made his first start with the 49ers and completed 26 of 37 passes for 293 yards with an interception and an 82.4 rating. Trubisky,Authentic Melvin Ingram Jersey, completed 12 of 15 passes for 102 yards with one touchdown and a rating of 117.2. But this less about each player's respective stat line and more about how each player looked on Sunday.

Garoppolo - who was barely pressured by the Bears' front seven - picked apart the middle of the field and made a number of impressive throws,Authentic Dan Fouts Jersey, even with a lackluster group of receivers and a running game that didn't go anywhere (Carlos Hyde rushed 17 times for 54 yards).

For all the talk in the Bay Area of Garoppolo not knowing coach Kyle Shahanan's offensive system,Womens Allen Robinson Jersey, he looked comfortable and confident throwing the ball and operating the San Francisco offense. Garoppolo's interception was less about him making a bad throw and more about Kyle Fuller making an outstanding play to rip the ball away from receiver Louis Murphy.

Meanwhile,Authentic Joey Bosa Jersey,Trubisky started the game well,Womens Melvin Ingram Jersey, though he once again did well to avoid any dangerous throws.,Womens Dalvin Cook Jersey, finding Dontrelle Inman for an eight-yard touchdown and showing good timing on some quick slant throws. But whatever modest level of success he had against a 49ers defense that entered Sunday ranked 27th in DVOA fizzled in the second half. Trubisky fumbled twice in the span of three plays at one point and looked "hoppy" at times

Everyone shares in the blame for the Bears' offensive struggles, though there's an argument to be made the coaching around Garoppolo is better., from Trubisky to the running game to the wide receivers to the offensive line to the coaching staff. It's not like the 49ers have markedly better players surrounding their franchise quarterback

But while Garoppolo out-played Trubisky on Sunday, and given the market for quarterbacks (see: Mike Glennon's contract) he'll be in line for a hefty payday from San Francisco., this isn't necessarily a sky-is-falling take second-guessing the Bears' decision to get their guy instead of the 49ers' guy. Worth noting: Garoppolo will be a free agent after this season

Meanwhile, the Bears control Trubisky for four more inexpensive years during which he can develop and grow. It might be easier to build a core around a quarterback who will earn a little over $29 million on his current contract than having to pay around $20 million just to keep said franchise quarterback.
Bella  
#196 Оставлено : 6 декабря 2017 г. 12:19:07(UTC)
Bella

La. (AP) -- Saints defensive end Cam Jordan's affinity for basketball was arguably counterproductive on the football field earlier this season,METAIRIE, when he was flagged and fined for celebrating his interception for a touchdown by dunking the ball over the goal post.

tackles for loss and passes defended,But when Jordan mentions his pursuit of a ''triple-double'' for the season in sacks, coach Sean Payton is all about it.

''He came up with that? I like it.'', I'm thinking Steak and Shake,''When I hear him say triple-double,'' Payton joked before adding

in his seventh NFL season out of California,Womens Pat Tillman Jersey,At age 28, Jordan is as productive as he's ever been as a pro and will hope to build on that in a pivotal NFC South clash against the Falcons in Atlanta on Thursday night.

along with his interception of a tipped ball in the end zone for a score against Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford.,Womens David Johnson Jersey, 13 tackles for losses and is listed with six passes defended on official NFL statistics,Jordan has 10 sacks,Authentic Austin Hooper Jersey, although the Saints say they've found additional deflections while reviewing game video that bring Jordan's total passes defended to eight. Jordan also has two forced fumbles

'Hey,'' said Jordan,Womens Vic Beasley Jr Jersey, I had a triple-double,''It would be fun to say,' at the end of the season, a day after sitting courtside at an NBA game between the Golden State Warriors and New Orleans Pelicans.

Jordan said he never pursued organized basketball seriously, but always liked the pick-up variety and still plays at fitness clubs in the offseason.

considering a goal post is 10 feet high.,'' said Jordan,''I'm a weekend warrior like any other guy, who doesn't boast about his shooting but can obviously dunk

was with the Minnesota Vikings., 280 pounds, Jordan looks like someone who could have been a force at tight end - as his father,At 6-foot-4, Steve

But Jordan never wanted to be a tight end, preferring to differentiate himself from his father by playing other positions - offensive tackle first before switching to defensive end.

his father was eager to help., who played at college football at Brown,Jordan said his father, never pressured him into football and didn't even allow him to play until he was 13. But when the younger Jordan decided to pursue football seriously

Jordan said learning to play defensive end as the son of an NFL tight end ''worked perfectly.''

''He knows every block and he gave me every block look as a 16-year-old in high school,Authentic Deion Jones Jersey,'' Jordan said.

he had 12+ sacks,The Saints drafted Jordan 24th overall in 2011. In 2013,Authentic Pat Tillman Jersey, his career high for a season - for now.

Jordan acknowledges that he'd like to be considered for NFL defensive player of the year. So his triple-double analogy was timely considering Oklahoma City Thunder star Russell Westbrook was the NBA's MVP on the strength of his double-digit averages in points,Authentic David Johnson Jersey, rebounds and assists for an entire season.

Yet Jordan often deflects opportunities for self-promotion.

'' Jordan said,Authentic Vic Beasley Jr Jersey,''I can't talk about myself when I can talk about my teammates and how much they've elevated their play,Womens Deion Jones Jersey, alluding to the Saints' climb in defensive rankings from 27th in 2016 to 12th so far this season. ''The way they're playing has brought a lot of attention to us and I'm just benefiting from being able to play a little bit better than every previous year.''

But if Jordan won't pump up his own credentials, his coaches and teammates will. They sound awe-struck when describing his stamina.

he plays well. You don't see him getting beat against the run. He doesn't really have any weaknesses.'',Womens Austin Hooper Jersey, he has the highest energy in the room and it shows on the field,'' Saints defensive tackle Tyeler Davison said. ''He doesn't get tired. On top of that,''Whether we're coming in at 6 a.m. for a workout or flying home at midnight after a game, not only does he play hard

Davison said it's obvious during reviews of game video how opposing offenses account specifically for Jordan by running away from him, or sending extra bodies at him in pass protection.

Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen asserted that Jordan is ''the best all-around defensive end'' in the NFL.

'How many sacks does a guy have?' But what Cam Jordan brings to the table is way more than that for us,''All everybody ever wants to look at is,'' Allen said. ''He's constantly a pressure player. He plays relentless. ... You're hard-pressed to find anybody that's better.''

a former defensive coordinator,Atlanta coach Dan Quinn, sounded equally impressed by the defensive star his team will try to slow down this week.

batted passes - those are things that really make you a complete player.'', but he is a handful in the run game,'' Quinn said. ''The tackles for a loss,''Not only can he generate pass rush, the disruptive plays
Bella  
#197 Оставлено : 6 декабря 2017 г. 12:31:03(UTC)
Bella

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier will remain in a Cincinnati hospital until at least Wednesday to undergo further testing on a spinal injury suffered in the first quarter of Monday night's win over the Bengals.

Shazier left Paul Brown Stadium on a stretcher less than four minutes into his team's 23-20 victory over Cincinnati following a tackle that left the 25-year-old writhing on the turf, his legs motionless. He underwent extensive testing overnight,Womens Leonard Williams Jersey, with the team saying Shazier's injury did not require surgery "at this time."

The Steelers had hoped Shazier would be able to return to Pittsburgh on Tuesday. The timetable has been pushed back at least 24 to 48 hours. He will remain at University of Cincinnati Medical Center under the care of neurosurgeons David Okonwko and Joseph Cheng. Shazier is expected to be transferred to a Pittsburgh hospital later in the week.

While the severity of the injury will remain unknown until the swelling subsides, the relentlessly upbeat Shazier offered a bit of hope Tuesday evening.

"Thank you for the prayers,Authentic Bo Jackson Jersey," Shazier tweeted . "Your support is uplifting to me and my family. (hash)SHALIEVE" (see full story).

Bengals: Fallout from Steelers-Bengals clash

CINCINNATI -- Two players carted off,Authentic Howie Long Jersey, many fines to follow. One of the NFL's nastiest rivalries set new lows in prime time,Womens Khalil Mack Jersey, two others suspended, forcing fans to avert their eyes.

What's to be done about this long-running animosity between the Steelers (10-2) and Bengals (5-7)? Do the teams encourage the mayhem by downplaying it? Do the NFL and the networks promote it by showing it in prime time every season?

Those questions were raised in the aftermath of a game so brutal that it made viewers cringe. Pittsburgh rallied for a 23-20 victory at Paul Brown Stadium on Monday night, its sixth straight win over the Bengals.

What it'll be remembered for, is how it felt more like a street brawl at times. The NFL responded by suspending Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster and Bengals safety George Iloka for one game each on Tuesday, though, and fines for other players are expected later in the week.

"I'll acknowledge there were some unfortunate things in that game that we don't need in our game -- by both sides," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday.

Patriots: Gronkowski's 1-game suspension upheld

BOSTON -- The NFL has denied Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski's appeal of a one-game suspension for a late, gratuitous hit to the head of Bills defensive back Tre'Davious White.

The league announced the decision of appeals officer Derrick Brooks on Tuesday.

White was face down on the sideline after intercepting a pass in Buffalo on Sunday when Gronkowski body-slammed him, driving his forearm into White's back and head. Gronkowski was called for unnecessary roughness,Authentic Joe Namath Jersey, but not kicked out of the game. White went into the concussion protocol.

Gronkowski, who apologized for the hit ,Authentic Leonard Williams Jersey, will serve his suspension against Miami next Monday night.

Giants: Reese thanks team for 23 years

EAST RUTHERFORD,Womens Joe Namath Jersey, N.J. -- Former New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese says his 23 years with the NFL team were filled with great memories and he will always treasure his time with the organization.

A day after being fired along with coach Ben McAdoo with the team reeling with a 2-10 record,Womens Bo Jackson Jersey,Reese released a short statement in which he thanked the Mara and Tisch families for putting their confidence in him. He also thanked McAdoo and predecessor Tom Coughlin for their time and commitment to the Giants.

He also expressed his thanks to the late George Young,Authentic Khalil Mack Jersey, and to Ernie Accorsi,Womens Derek Carr Jersey, the general manager who hired him, who replaced Young and groomed Reese in preparation for taking over the general manager's job before the 2007 season.

"Many thanks to the front office,Authentic Derek Carr Jersey, and current and former players for your dedication to a first-class organization, personnel staff, scouts, support staff,Womens Howie Long Jersey, coaches," Reese wrote in wrapping up his statement.

"My family, friends and many fans that have supported me, and I sincerely appreciate all of you. I am truly grateful and blessed for my time with the NYG. All the best to you. Go Giants."

During Reese's 11-year tenure as general manager, the Giants won Super Bowls after the 2007 and '11 seasons. Including this season, they have missed the playoffs in five of the past six seasons.
Bella  
#198 Оставлено : 7 декабря 2017 г. 11:58:03(UTC)
Bella

TAMPA -- Two weeks ago, the Tampa Bay Lightning looked mortal for the first time this season.,Authentic Marc-Andre Fleury jersey, when the New York Islanders came to Amalie Arena

The Lightning, then 15-2-2, when they returned home and got a resounding 5-2 win against the San Jose Sharks., took a 5-3 home loss to the Islanders and would drop three of four games. They hadn't fully bounced back until Saturday

and ultimately,"Nothing like coming home and getting a win for everybody to start feeling better about themselves," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Monday as the Lightning prepared for Tuesday night's game against New York. "We had a shoot-first attitude (Saturday), you look fast when you're not turning the puck over.", which I really liked

The Islanders (16-8-2) have overtaken the Lightning (18-6-2) as the league's top scoring team, now averaging 3.7 goals per game. New York is 5-1 in its last six, including a 5-4 shootout win at the Florida Panthers on Monday night., scoring 4.3 goals in that stretch

"A grindy win,adidas Mike Condon jersey, so it should be a good test.",adidas Craig Anderson jersey," rookie Mathew Barzal told MSG Networks after he got the winning goal in shootout. "It's huge to start the road trip off the right way like that. We wanted that second point in shootout. (Tampa Bay) is one of the top teams in the league

Barzal ranks second among rookies with 24 points, 25 assists).,Authentic James Neal jersey, and the Islanders have two top scorers in center John Tavares (16 goals) and left winger Josh Bailey (5 goals

26 assists). Kucherov broke out of a mini-slump with two goals in Saturday's win.,They'll go up against the league's top two scorers in Tampa Bay's Nikita Kucherov (19 goals) and Steven Stamkos (11 goals

this after winning four straight games to eliminate New York in the 2016 conference semifinals in five games.,Tampa Bay had owned the Islanders before the win last month -- they swept them last year by a combined score of 14-2

The cross-Florida back-to-back won't be easy for the Islanders -- this is their sixth back-to-back of the season, on Nov. 24-25 after splitting the first four., and they've won both ends only once before

The challenge might be on New York's blue line -- the Islanders rank just 24th in goals allowed, giving up just 2.5 goals per game. Goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy still leads the league with 14 wins and ranks fifth with a 2.22 goals-against average., while the Lightning rank fourth in the league

3.61). It's likely Greiss on Tuesday,While he has taken a huge majority of the Lightning's games,adidas James Neal jersey, New York is split nearly evenly between Jaroslav Halak (8-6-0, since he won the meeting two weeks ago and Halak was in net for Monday's win in Florida.,Authentic Mike Condon jersey, 2.86 GAA) and Thomas Greiss (8-2-2

Both teams are in the middle of long series -- the Lightning are in the second of a four-game homestand,Authentic Craig Anderson jersey, with Pittsburgh and Boston still ahead. The two teams meet again for a third time on March 22 in New York.,adidas Marc-Andre Fleury jersey, while the Islanders are in the second game of a four-game road trip
Bella  
#199 Оставлено : 7 декабря 2017 г. 12:10:28(UTC)
Bella

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier will remain in a Cincinnati hospital until at least Wednesday to undergo further testing on a spinal injury suffered in the first quarter of Monday night's win over the Bengals.

his legs motionless. He underwent extensive testing overnight,Authentic Austin Hooper Jersey,Shazier left Paul Brown Stadium on a stretcher less than four minutes into his team's 23-20 victory over Cincinnati following a tackle that left the 25-year-old writhing on the turf, with the team saying Shazier's injury did not require surgery "at this time."

The Steelers had hoped Shazier would be able to return to Pittsburgh on Tuesday. The timetable has been pushed back at least 24 to 48 hours. He will remain at University of Cincinnati Medical Center under the care of neurosurgeons David Okonwko and Joseph Cheng. Shazier is expected to be transferred to a Pittsburgh hospital later in the week.

While the severity of the injury will remain unknown until the swelling subsides, the relentlessly upbeat Shazier offered a bit of hope Tuesday evening.

"Thank you for the prayers," Shazier tweeted . "Your support is uplifting to me and my family. (hash)SHALIEVE" (see full story).

Bengals: Fallout from Steelers-Bengals clash

CINCINNATI -- Two players carted off, many fines to follow. One of the NFL's nastiest rivalries set new lows in prime time, two others suspended, forcing fans to avert their eyes.

What's to be done about this long-running animosity between the Steelers (10-2) and Bengals (5-7)? Do the teams encourage the mayhem by downplaying it? Do the NFL and the networks promote it by showing it in prime time every season?

Those questions were raised in the aftermath of a game so brutal that it made viewers cringe. Pittsburgh rallied for a 23-20 victory at Paul Brown Stadium on Monday night, its sixth straight win over the Bengals.

What it'll be remembered for, is how it felt more like a street brawl at times. The NFL responded by suspending Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster and Bengals safety George Iloka for one game each on Tuesday, though, and fines for other players are expected later in the week.

"I'll acknowledge there were some unfortunate things in that game that we don't need in our game -- by both sides," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday.

Patriots: Gronkowski's 1-game suspension upheld

BOSTON -- The NFL has denied Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski's appeal of a one-game suspension for a late,Authentic Pat Tillman Jersey, gratuitous hit to the head of Bills defensive back Tre'Davious White.

The league announced the decision of appeals officer Derrick Brooks on Tuesday.

driving his forearm into White's back and head. Gronkowski was called for unnecessary roughness,White was face down on the sideline after intercepting a pass in Buffalo on Sunday when Gronkowski body-slammed him,Authentic David Johnson Jersey, but not kicked out of the game. White went into the concussion protocol.

who apologized for the hit ,Gronkowski,Womens Deion Jones Jersey, will serve his suspension against Miami next Monday night.

Giants: Reese thanks team for 23 years

EAST RUTHERFORD,Womens Vic Beasley Jr Jersey, N.J. -- Former New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese says his 23 years with the NFL team were filled with great memories and he will always treasure his time with the organization.

A day after being fired along with coach Ben McAdoo with the team reeling with a 2-10 record, Reese released a short statement in which he thanked the Mara and Tisch families for putting their confidence in him. He also thanked McAdoo and predecessor Tom Coughlin for their time and commitment to the Giants.

He also expressed his thanks to the late George Young,Womens Austin Hooper Jersey, and to Ernie Accorsi, the general manager who hired him, who replaced Young and groomed Reese in preparation for taking over the general manager's job before the 2007 season.

"Many thanks to the front office, scouts, support staff,Authentic Deion Jones Jersey, coaches, personnel staff, and current and former players for your dedication to a first-class organization,Womens David Johnson Jersey," Reese wrote in wrapping up his statement.

friends and many fans that have supported me,"My family,Womens Pat Tillman Jersey, and I sincerely appreciate all of you. I am truly grateful and blessed for my time with the NYG. All the best to you. Go Giants."

the Giants won Super Bowls after the 2007 and '11 seasons. Including this season,Authentic Vic Beasley Jr Jersey,During Reese's 11-year tenure as general manager, they have missed the playoffs in five of the past six seasons.
Bella  
#200 Оставлено : 8 декабря 2017 г. 7:52:42(UTC)
Bella

Fla. (AP) -- The Jacksonville Jaguars haven't played a home game with this much at stake in nearly a decade.,Womens Cam Newton Jersey,JACKSONVILLE

An outside shot at clinching a postseason berth. A perennial playoff contender and recent Super Bowl champion in town. A chance to prove they belong among the NFL's elite.

Some might even call Sunday's matchup against the Seattle Seahawks (8-4) a ''statement game.'' Not the Jaguars (8-4).

even if everyone else does.,Jacksonville refuses to acknowledge what a victory against the 2014 Super Bowl champions would mean

but we're
,Authentic Mitchell Trubiskyn Jersey,''Y'all hype up who y'all want to hype up, chiding the media . ''Y'all don't hype up who y'all don't. We were sorry last year,Womens Walter Payton Jersey,'' said Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey

not this year. We ain't talking about last year.''

putting itself in this
,Authentic Jordan Howard Jersey,Maybe not. But for a team that lost 74 of 96 games over the previous six seasons and hasn't been this close to the playoffs in December since 2010

position is a huge turnaround and should be part of the discussion.

''You all have to stop doing that, y'all do that too much. Y'all been hyping people up; y'all hype teams. Stop doing that. Y'all got to stop doing
,'' Ramsey said. ''The media

that. It's a new year. It's a new league - everything.

''There are new big dogs around the NFL. Stop doing that. Stop hyping people up.''

If the Jaguars are one of the ''new big dogs, the Seahawks are an NFL-best 20-5 in regular-
,'' then facing Seattle late in the season should be the measuring stick. After all

season games in December and January.

But the Jaguars aren't willing to go there.

one of the best. It's just
,''I don't know if you can quite say it's a statement game,Authentic Luke Kuechly Jersey, if not the best,'' Jaguars safety Tashaun Gipson said. ''I think that we've proved that

going out there and collectively doing what we know and what we can do.

''A statement game? We don't want to put that type of pressure on this game. We know it's a big-time game and has a lot of implications. They're trying to get their ninth win
and set themselves up. We're trying to do the same thing.''

Jacksonville can clinch a playoff berth this week. Both are currently projected as the No. 5 seed in their respective conferences.,Authentic Cam Newton Jersey,Unlike Seattle

the New York Jets and the Los Angeles Chargers to reach the postseason for the first time since 2007. They
,Womens Mitchell Trubiskyn Jersey,The Jaguars need a victory, Miami,Authentic Walter Payton Jersey, combined with losses by Buffalo

also need the Oakland-Kansas City game to not end up in a tie.

surely because they've been there five consecutive seasons and 11 times in the previous 14 years.,Womens Luke Kuechly Jersey,Seattle hasn't even mentioned the postseason this week

and the comparisons are an obvious
,One thing that has been a topic on both coasts: Jacksonville copied Seattle's defensive scheme that carried it to consecutive Super Bowls

story line. The Jaguars lead the NFL in scoring defense,Womens Jordan Howard Jersey, passing defense and sacks., total defense

Are the units comparable?

''Nah,'' Seattle linebacker Bobby Wagner said., there is only one Seattle Seahawks

Here are some other things to know about the Seahawks and Jaguars:

ESCAPE ARTIST

Jaguars defensive end Calais Campbell will be facing Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson for the 11th time. Campbell is 4-5-1 in the previous 10 meetings and knows all too well
what Wilson can do.

''I call him Houdini because he can just create out of nowhere, breaks free
,'' Campbell said. ''It's like magical. You think you've got him and then he just does something crazy

and throws a touchdown. We have our hands full.''

GROUND ATTACK

The Seahawks flashed some semblance of a viable run game against Philadelphia. It took a mix of scrambles by Russell Wilson and a few flashy runs from Mike Davis for the
Seahawks to rush for 101 yards against the NFL's top rush defense.

Davis' 64 yards rushing were the most by a Seattle running back since Chris Carson had 93 yards in Week 2 vs. San Francisco.

TOUCHDOWN ROLL

Jimmy Graham continues to be on a touchdown roll. The Seattle tight end is tied with Antonio Brown and DeAndre Hopkins for the NFL lead with nine TD receptions. He's caught TDs
and all nine of his scoring grabs have come in the past eight games.,in four straight games

IN THE ZONE

with 12 touchdowns and no
,Blake Bortles has been at his best in the red zone this season. Jacksonville's fourth-year quarterback has completed 22 of 41 passes for 140 yards

interceptions inside the 20-yard line.

Отредактировано пользователем 8 декабря 2017 г. 7:54:10(UTC)  | Причина: Не указана

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему
Guest (4)
11 Страницы«<891011>